Last week I shared a recipe with you for black bean pasta with chorizo & peppers. Turns out this black bean pasta gem that I picked up on a weekend when I was visiting my parents is pretty hard to track down, but a lot of you were interested in where you could find it. Also turns out that is is very tasty and incredibly healthy. Why must you be so hard to find?!
The Black Bean variety has one ingredient: black beans. It also has a ridiculous amount of protein (20.5 grams per serving) and is pretty low in carbohydrates (16 grams per serving). I did expect it to be higher in fiber (only 0.5 grams)…can’t quite figure out why it is so low. It is also organic, vegan and gluten-free. Oh, did I mention it is delicious too?
The pasta, which comes in three varieties that I saw (Mung Bean, Soy Bean and Black Bean) is imported from China and the company doesn’t even have a website, making it even harder to find! So there are a few options.
- You can request that your local store bring it in (typically the best way to get the product you want in stores) – the brand is called Explore Asian Authentic Cuisine.
- I’ll get some for you! After all, Christmas is in a few days and I’m feeling pretty giving. I will send one winner (US only, sorry International friends!) one bag of each variety. Might as well try them all, right?
- Leave me a comment telling me which variety you are most eager to try
- Like me on Facebook (please!!) (leave an additional comment letting me know you did so or you are already a fan)
- Tweet about the giveaway, including @nutritionisteat (leave an additional comment letting me know you did so)
- Post a link to the giveaway on your blog if you have one (leave an additional comment letting me know you did so)
I’ll choose a winner Sunday December 26th – Happy Holidays and Good Luck!
Edited to Add: Congratulations Samantha! Send me your mailing address and I’ll get the pasta sent out for you!