I was a little hesitant to try out Rokit Fuel cereals because I do not consider myself to be an endurance athlete and I had gotten the feeling that is who Rokit Fuel is geared towards. (I’m much more yogi than runner ) And while some may think 370 calories for oatmeal is a lot, it sounds just about right calorie-wise for breakfast – endurance athlete or not!
I know oatmeal is really easy to make, but in an effort to slow down (and not be preparing food at 11 pm), I am accepting the fact that not everything will be made from scratch. So when a day came along that I had nothing ready for breakfast? This little container of Rokit Fuel came in very handy.
They also have these energy packets (these are really geared towards on-the-go athletes) that only require some water and they are ready to squirt! No spoon required. I especially love that they offer the “Ugly Bag” – no fancy packaging, or single servings, which in addition to being pretty eco-friendly, also brings the price down significantly.
- High Protein – 9 grams
- High Fiber – 6 grams
- Performance Ingredients like bee pollen, gotu kola, maca root
- Nuts, Seeds and Dried Fruit like flax, dates, raisins, cherries, sunflower seeds, pecans, almonds, walnuts
- So convieneint! It was nice to not have to prep anything for breakfast and just add water. It would be perfect to take traveling.
- There wasn’t sugar in it – I really don’t like to start my morning with sugar and with the other dried fruits, it isn’t necessary! (I think people can add their own sugars if they need it) With that said, it didn’t taste overly sweet.
- Wasn’t so expensive, BUT, I will say that it comes out to about $3/serving which is how much you would pay at Starbucks, etc. except I haven’t seen oatmeal with bee pollen, flax, etc at a coffee shop yet. Because I work in the food industry, I know ingredients like those are very expensive, and I appreciate them continuing to use them instead of just eliminating them.
Disclosure Statement: Rokit Fuel sent me samples to review free of charge. The opinions are entirely my own.