Now that August is here, it is time for hot dog dinner part II. Only one more month of acceptable hot dog eating!
Remember the tijuana dogs? They were amazing, but when I saw this recipe inspiration, for a fresher, dare I say lighter, hot dog I knew it is how our last two grass-fed beef hot dogs would meet their bun.
We love real bahn mi sandwiches so I was honestly a little nervous that these wouldn’t live up to them and while they are different…these were really good. I know, I usually say that about anything that comes in contact with sriracha mayo, but I really mean it. Think spicy, smoky, crunchy and fresh flavors, all sandwiched between good bread.
I served them alongside a spicy cucumber salad, which was the perfect accompaniment.
|Bahn Mi Hot Dogs||
- 1/2 cup cucumber julienne
- 1/2 cup carrots julienne
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 Tbsp mayo + sriracha
- 2 hot dogs (I use grass-fed beef)
- 1/2 baguette, sliced
- Prep all ingredients.
- Prepare sriracha mayo by adding desired amount of sriracha into mayo.
- Grill hot dogs until heated through.
- Grill baguette slices.
- Layer sriracha mayo on bread slice and top with hot dog and veggie toppings.
*Recipe Inspiration from Eating Well