Did you hear?
The Super Bowl is in mere days!
People are usually interested in the game, the commercials or the food. I’ll let you guess which category I fall under…
But yesterday, my sports-obsessed husband asked if we were going to have fun Super Bowl food. (He falls under all three categories).
“Ummm, obviously” I replied.
When I asked him if he had any requests he responded with this:
“Chicken wings, nachos, seared scallops, bacon-wrapped scallops, bacon-wrapped shrimp,” and this continued for minutes.
I won’t serve solely junk food on Super Bowl Sunday – I like to have a mix of indulgent, delicious, cheesy foods along with a few vegetables thrown into the mix.
Here are some of the things on our standard menu, or that have caught my eye in the past few days.
Super Bowl Food:
- Jalapeno Popper Dip (Closet Cooking)
- Queso Dip (Two Peas & Their Pod)
- Nachos (beans + cheese + thinly sliced spinach + salsa + sour cream)
- Sriracha Buttered Shrimp (Bon Appétit)
- Pizza Dip (The Avid Appetite)
- Guacamole Bar
- Artichoke & Spinach Dip with Raw Veggies
- Crock Pot BBQ Beer Chicken (How Sweet It Is)
- Stuffed Mushrooms (easy way to sneak some vegetables into the day!)
- Crispy Baked Chicken Wings (Bon Appétit)
- Buttermilk-Blue Cheese Dip (Bon Appétit)
- Spicy Pepper Goat Cheese Spread
Are you watching the game, the commercials or eating the food?