Stir-frys are always a great choice for simple and healthy meals that come together in minutes.
In fact, usually the rice takes longer to make than the stir-fry itself. If you are short on time, consider trying frozen brown rice or instant brown rice. (You can also make your own brown rice in large batches and then freeze for later use).
Then gather up all of the vegetables you have, along with some protein and have a flavorful dinner on the table in minutes!
(Beef & Basil Stir-Fry from Mark Bittman’s How to Cook Everything)
Stir-Fry Tips and Steps:
- Prepare rice, grain or pasta if using
- Prepare all ingredients (slice, chop, etc) so they are all ready to go
- Heat pan and oil in pan (you can flavor oil with garlic and ginger)
- Add ingredients by length of cooking time, adding ingredients that take longest first*
- Add sauce (can be as simple as a splash of soy, fish sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, etc.)
- Serve immediately
*If your stir-fry includes meat or seafood, consider cooking the meat, removing from pan and then cooking the vegetables so you don’t over cook your meat
Stir-Fry Recipes to Try: