There were so many things I learned through the #SNAP4aWeek Challenge, but one was that it is so much easier to fit in vegetables when you can buy them washed and ready to eat. Certainly not all vegetables take a long time to clean or prepare, but having a bag of cleaned greens in the fridge means I have absolutely no reason to not eat them for lunch. Having a bag of baby carrots means I have no reason to eat saltines instead of carrots.
It’s definitely something I take for granted.
Here are my favorite convenience vegetables that make fitting in fresh produce SO easy!
- washed lettuce, salad mix, greens, etc.
- baby carrots – I actually prefer to peel and cut my own, and I often do, but if I’m short on time, baby carrots do the trick!
- frozen vegetables – typically they just need a quick saute (green beans are my favorite)
- bag of washed broccoli or cauliflower florets, green beans, etc. – you can steam them in the bag, toss them in oil and roast or saute with other vegetables
- asparagus – a quick rinse and snap of the ends make asparagus on the speedy side
What convenient vegetables do you rely on?