I’ve decided that I need to start making breakfast for dinner more often.
There are a lot of things to love about breakfasts for dinner. In my world, that would mean eggs.
These huevos rancheros are great: flavorful, filling and so budget friendly.
There are many varieties of huevos rancheros, with some more difficult than others, but I decided to go the really easy and simple route. They literally took me 10-15 minutes to pull together. If you want to make your own huevos sauce, Weekly Bite has a great recipe!
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Corn tortillas
- Beans (black or pinto)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings: salsa, pico de gallo, huevos sauce, sour cream, fresh cilantro
- Heat up the beans and season as desired
- Fry the eggs (sunny side up is best, but you could also scramble)
- Melt the cheddar on the tortilla under the broiler
- Layer cheesy tortillas with fried egg and salsa and any additional toppings
- Serve with black beans and vegetable