Anthony Bourdain scrambled eggs are a must-try, the trick to his eggs is genius!
If you aren’t familiar with Anthony Bourdain scrambled eggs, you’ll want to change that immediately. Because love him or hate him (we all have an opinion about that!) the trick to his scrambled eggs is genius.
Years ago, when we were new to California, we watched the LA episode of his Layover show and copied everything he did and everything he ate with dedication. We went out for Korean BBQ the very next night. We took his advice and ordered the pork neck stew. We made his scrambled eggs a few days later. We did not stay in a private bungalow at Chateau Marmont…but everything else? We did.
When he stays in his (fancy) bungalow, he always makes his own breakfast. I love that it’s one of those chef meals that features simple elements that come together in a delicious way. Here’s how it goes:
- chopped bacon is fried until crisp
- whisked eggs are added to pan (no milk, no water)
- when eggs are finished cooking, a dollop of sour cream is stirred into the eggs, along with chopped chives or green onions
Ok, pause. I know that you might be thinking that sour cream in eggs is gross – or sacrilege – or both, but it works! The dollop of sour cream at the end of cooking turns scrambled eggs (even dry, over-cooked eggs) into the creamiest, richest eggs – all without the pressure of cooking them perfectly.
Have I convinced you? Will you try it and report back?Print
Anthony Bourdain’s Scrambled Egg Author: Emily Dingmann Cook time: 10 mins Total time: 10 mins Serves: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup sliced bacon (about 2 slices of thick-cut)
- 4 eggs, whisked
- salt & pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- Heat a medium or large pan (nonstick if you have it) over medium-high heat.
- Add bacon to pan and cook, stirring frequently, until bacon is crispy, about 4-5 minutes.
- Lower heat and drain some of the bacon fat.
- Add eggs to pan, stirring constantly, and when set, remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream, chives and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Calories: 245
- Sugar: 0 grams
- Fat: 19 grams
- Carbohydrates: 2 grams
- Fiber: 0 grams
- Protein: 16 grams