Starbucks always lets us know that the holidays have officially arrived with their holiday cups and FaLa Lattes. But in addition to Christmas spirit and holiday cheer, these delicious drinks bring extra sugar, whipped cream and far more calories than your morning coffee should have. But instead of being the Nutrition Grinch and telling you to skip them all together, I’ve got some suggestions to lighten them up.
- Save them for special occasions – they should definitely not be a weekly drink
- Order with skim milk instead of 2% or whole – this can save 50-80 calories
- Skip the whipped cream – this can save 70 calories, and isn’t it already sweet enough?
- Request “less pumps” – for example, if a grande pumpkin spice latte has 3 pumps, I’ll get 1 1/2
- Request sugar-free syrups
- Order a small!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Venti (20 oz):
510 calories, 20 grams fat, 61 grams sugar
Skim Pumpkin Spice Latte Tall -No Whip (12 oz):
200 calories, 0 grams fat, 37 grams sugar
What are your holiday drinks tips?