I am admittedly really picky when it comes to picking out cereal.
I really don’t like starting my morning with a bowl of sugar – especially when it leaves me hungry an hour or two later. But there are times throughout the summer when cereal is easy, cold and delicious. Like now. Thankfully there are some cereals out there that are good enough for my breakfast bowl, but they can be pretty hard to find.
- Whole Grains in the first few ingredients
- No more than 5 grams of sugar per serving
- At least 5 grams of protein per serving
- At least 5 grams of fiber per serving
- Decent serving size (ideally at least 3/4-1 cup)
- Kashi Go Lean: excellent stats (13 grams of protein, 10 grams of fiber), tastes great and actually fills me up
- Uncle Sam’s Original: no sugar, excellent stats (7 grams of protein, 10 grams of fiber) and perfect with yogurt
- Peanut Butter Puffins: strictly a dessert cereal and SO good
How do you feel about cereal? Have a favorite or any recommendations for me?