I love it in the form of punjab eggplant (an Indian dish), I still dream about this miso eggplant I had at a little sushi joint in LA and I find baba ghanoush to be really enjoyable – most of the time. (It all depends where it is coming from and who is making it.)
I wouldn’t consider baba ghanoush easy to make, but that is mainly because I found the whole process of removing the flesh from the seeds and skin kind of annoying. Ok, fine, it really isn’t that hard.
I love to serve it with warm pita and raw veggies but I must say that the combination hummus + baba ghanoush + tapenade + cucumber in a warm pita is out of this world! Try it!
- 2 medium eggplants
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- salt to taste (smoked sea salt is best!)
- Heat grill to medium.
- Prick the eggplant with fork all over.
- Grill, turning eggplant on a regular basis for about 10-15 minutes until charred.
- Turn down heat and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Remove flesh from skin and seeds and place in bowl.
- Roughly chop eggplant and place back in bowl.
- Combine with lemon juice, yogurt, garlic, parsley and salt.
- Serve with warm pitas and raw veggies.