Now that August is here, it is time for hot dog dinner part II. Only one more month of acceptable hot dog eating! 😉
Remember the tijuana dogs? They were amazing, but when I saw this recipe inspiration, for a fresher, dare I say lighter, hot dog I knew it is how our last two grass-fed beef hot dogs would meet their bun.
We love real bahn mi sandwiches so I was honestly a little nervous that these wouldn’t live up to them and while they are different…these were really good. I know, I usually say that about anything that comes in contact with sriracha mayo, but I really mean it. Think spicy, smoky, crunchy and fresh flavors, all sandwiched between good bread.
I served them alongside a spicy cucumber salad, which was the perfect accompaniment.Print
- 1/2 cup cucumber julienne
- 1/2 cup carrots julienne
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 Tbsp mayo + sriracha
- 2 hot dogs (I use grass-fed beef)
- 1/2 baguette, sliced
- Prep all ingredients.
- Prepare sriracha mayo by adding desired amount of sriracha into mayo.
- Grill hot dogs until heated through.
- Grill baguette slices.
- Layer sriracha mayo on bread slice and top with hot dog and veggie toppings.
*Recipe Inspiration from Eating Well