I know a lot of people prefer sweet things for breakfast, but in my opinion, there is nothing better than eggs for breakfast.
They are healthy.
Pretty cheap. (My husband wishes I would buy the really cheap ones, but I refuse).
So very versatile.
And they definitely don’t need to be limited to breakfast. (I will admit that I eat them so frequently for breakfast that they don’t make an appearance for lunch or dinner very often, but I’m working to change that).
Eggs are pretty perfect on their own, but there are ways that you can make them even better!
- purchase Organic or Free-Range Eggs
- add vegetables! Think veggie-filled omelets, frittatas or eggs served over greens (a personal favorite)
- combine with a whole grain. Serve with some whole-grain toast, or over brown rice or quinoa with sauteed veggies.
- eat the whole egg! There are loads of vitamins and nutrients in eggs and they are usually found in the yolk.
Egg Recipes to Try:
- the perfect hard boiled egg
- baked egg boat via spoon fork bacon
- anaheim scramble
- parmesan baked eggs via pinch of yum
- eggs benedict salad via epicurious
What is your favorite way to eat eggs?