Who is ready for a non-Thanksgiving recipe? It was a wonderful evening, but I’m ready to get into the Christmas spirit! This doesn’t mean that I’ve got the decorations up, or even plan on getting a tree but I love giving gifts, lighting candles every night, and of course, the comfort food that cooler weather brings.
And baked ziti is the perfect comfort food.
It’s comforting, it’s satisfying and it’s easy to make. Isn’t that what every dinner should be?
Bonus: it’s five ingredients and takes only 10 minutes of active prep time. It will be on the table in 35 minutes and everyone will be happy.
Baked Ziti isn’t necessarily the prettiest food around, but it is tasty. No matter if your taste buds lean gourmet or picky – it’s a meal that the whole family will love. I used a spicy red pepper marinara (jarred) sauce but use your favorite jarred or homemade sauce.
Serve with a green salad – it’s all this dinner needs!
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 1½ cup ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- 1 25-oz jar of marinara sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook pasta as directed until al dente, drain and set aside.
- Mix together ricotta cheese, eggs, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.
- Cover the bottom of an 8x8 inch pan with half of the marinara sauce.
- Top with pasta, ricotta mixture and remaining sauce.
- (Sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese if desired.)
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until bubbly.