There are times when you need a snack.
Or is that just me?
There are often a few options – plain carrots (sometimes boring) or processed vending machine snacks (sometimes not very healthy, rarely filling). And then there are the snacks that fall somewhere in between. Ideally, they’ll contain a combination of fresh foods, protein, a bit of fat and some fiber so that they stick with you for longer than 5 minutes.
Here are some of the quick snacks I rely on, please add your own to the list, I’m always looking for new snack ideas!
Quick 1 Minute Snack Ideas:
- tortilla + pesto + cheese - microwaved for about 30 seconds
- apple slices + nut butter
- hot pita bread + hummus
- tortilla chips + salsa + refried or black beans
- toast + nut butter
- frozen waffle + apple slices + slice of cheese – broiled until cheese melts
- cottage cheese + fruit chunks
- smoothie: frozen fruit + spinach + milk + greek yogurt – blend until smooth
- slice of whole grain toast + smashed avocado
- handful of almonds + square of dark chocolate
- sliced cheese + triscuits
- greek yogurt + granola, cereal or fresh fruit
- quick deviled egg – halve hard boiled egg, mix yolk with 1-2 tsp mayo + salt + pepper, put mixture in egg whites