After trying Victor’s 1959 Cafe Champagne Mojito, I knew I had to try and re-create it at home. Ok, I admit it, I picked up all of the ingredients the following weekend. I need to try to re-create it and I needed to do it asap.
Mojitos made with champagne are quite delicious. They are bubbly, bright and oh so refreshing. Perfect for these last days of summer but I’ll probably be drinking them year round.
Thankfully I had two tasters that evening (Mercedes was over) because it took a few tries to get the right proportions of simple syrup, lime and champagne. Really hard work I tell you but don’t worry, I’m here to help. 😉
It is really easy to make, in fact it reminded me a lot of the Basil, Cucumber & Mint Vodka Spritzer I made earlier this summer with a basil and cucumber simple syrup. Simple Syrup is so easy to make and adds such a nice touch to cocktails.
Make it this weekend and enjoy your labor day holiday!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp rum (optional)
- 1/2 oz fresh mint
- 1 bottle champagne or sparkling wine, chilled
- 2 limes
- Prepare simple syrup.
- Combine sugar and water and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and add a few sprigs of mint and rum. Let cool.
- Muddle 1/4 lime and some mint leaves in each glass.
- Add 2-3 Tbsp simple syrup to each glass.
- Fill with ice.
- Top with champagne and stir.
- Garnish with fresh mint.