I’m here to deliver my promise for crock pot recipes that are…updated shall we say? This chicken recipe has bright Asian flavors with the comforting and satisfying qualities that come from crock pot meals. And it doesn’t involve any Cream of _____ soup.
With some simple chopping and splashes of soy and vinegar, the crock pot does all the work (my favorite part) and in a matter of hours, a delicious – and different – dinner is served!
Asian Crock Pot Chicken – 4 servings – inspired by Martha
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp sriracha (more if you like it spicy)
- 4 large carrots, sliced on a diagonal (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 inch piece of ginger, chopped
- 1 1/2 lb chicken (I used legs)
Combine soy, oyster sauce, sesame oil, vinegar and sriracha. Stir to combine.
Layer carrots, onions, garlic, ginger and chicken in crock pot. Pour sauce over.
Cook on low for about 6 hours. Serve with brown rice and roasted broccoli.