There are times when I like my salad to have some meat to it. Literally. And this salad fits that bill precisely.
It is filling and flavorful, an easy way to fit in your vegetables and incredibly easy to put together. When I make salads for lunch I need them to keep me satisfied for a few hours and I also need them to come together in a pinch so I don’t spend hours the night before on my lunch. (Someday I’ll start making peanut butter and jelly) The pulled pork came from Brasa, a local rotisserie, and so any part of this salad that would have taken any time was done for me. The rest required a bit of chopping and I was left with an amazing brown bag lunch. 🙂
Cuban Cobb Salad – 2 servings
- 10 cups romaine and baby romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cucumbers, chopped
- 1 cup yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet butter pickles, roughly chopped
- 4 slices smoked ham, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound pulled pork
- dijon dressing, see below
Layer all ingredients over lettuce and drizzle with dijon dressing.
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
Whisk all ingredients together.