I have never been a fan of cooked carrots. Ever.
Now raw carrots, preferably with a vat of hummus, I’ll gladly take. So I was a little hesitant about this recipe, but for some unknown reason, it just sounded really good. That obsession that I have with curry might have something to do with it.
I love having another way to eat those carrots! For you know, those times when I’m out of hummus.
|Curried Carrot Salad|
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and chopped into 1″ pieces
- 4 Tbsp light sour cream
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp curry powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for about 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add carrots and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Set aside and let cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Toss dressing with carrots.
Inspired by Jillian Michaels Making the Cut