Wow, it has been a really busy week! I’m glad that I’ve been busy, because to be honest, things have been a little slow lately, but I am feeling the effects today and am so glad the weekend is here (and that I’m not working this weekend).
I had an early wake-up call and a full day yesterday. I’ve been working on a Social Media Portfolio this week so my early mornings and evenings have been filled with that.
Coffee: Lots of coffee + coconut creamer. We just picked up the new Starbucks Blonde Roast – like it so far!
Breakfast: 2 eggs + 1 slice sprouted toast + earth balance.
I was invited to a Blogger Fitness Event put on by Jamba Juice to try out some of the newest fitness trends yesterday. I wasn’t expecting to actually work out that much, but oh did we work it! It was a really fun day, there were tons of new fitness classes that we were able to try out, along with some of Jamba Juice’s new smoothies and oatmeal bowls.
I thought I would categorize and tell you about the various classes I tried by a ranking of how awkward I looked while doing them.
8. Jump Rope Cardio – I am pretty good at jumping rope. It is all I did from about 1st-4th grade so I’ve had my fair share of practice.
7. Pop Physique (Ballet Barre) – this class was all about small movements and it slightly reminded me of pilates/old-school mat work ala Jane Fonda.
6. ViPR Training – this class was an aerobics/strength class done with a 4 foot weighted tube – my arms were shaking but I was able to follow along.
5. SurfSET – surfing inspired movements done on a wobbly surf board. It required lots of stabilizing muscles and now I want to try surfing! I kind of look like a natural, right?
*Picture courtesy of Jamba Juice
4. Hoopnotica (Hula Hoop) – I was NOT looking forward to this class, but after a few falls of the hoola hoop, I got into a rhythm and it was pretty fun. Swinging the hoop with your arms is hard work.
3. Cardio Carnivale (Hip Hop/Afro Caribbean Dance) – The instructor was a professional dancer. I am not. But I had a blast trying and I couldn’t see myself in the mirror so I was shaking away with abandon! (Out of all three dance classes, I *think* I did the best on this one).
2. Bollywood Aerobics – I am pretty much obsessed with India so I LOVED this class. I also have a DVD and I can now bollywood dance all. the. time. I totally looked foolish, but I think I’ll improve quickly. 🙂
*Picture courtesy of Jamba Juice
1. Juicy Athletic Moves (Samba-ish Dancing) – Words cannot even describe my awkwardness.
I sipped on some of the Berry UpBEET Smoothie in between classes, a blend of strawberries, blueberries, mixed berry juice, red vegetable juice (carrots, beets, broccoli, spinach, kale, lettuce), mangos, ice. I liked it – it wasn’t overly sweet and someone suggested that getting it without the fruit juice makes it even better so I’ll definitely try that next time. I’m glad a mainstream smoothie shop has jumped on the vegetables in juice and smoothies train!
Lunch: Was from a local food truck – I had a pesto chicken wrap with a beet salad. The food was great – I ate the wrap sans tortilla, mainly because I was paranoid about getting pesto in my teeth. 🙂
Then, as if my day hadn’t been interesting enough, it got really interesting. I had to run by a mall to pick up a shirt and I scraped the front of the car on a cement pillar in the parking garage. I knew my husband would freak out so I went right from the mall to the car wash to have them fix it. “Can you make that disappear so my husband doesn’t know it happened?” were my exact words.
While they were working on the car I went to get a coffee (theme of the week) and then ran into Kristin Cavallari. When I say ran into, I mean, I saw her as she was also getting her car washed. Stars, they’re just like us!
Pregnant Kristin was looking good yesterday, I loved her jumpsuit! (Source)
I came home to work and snacks.
Kale chip crumbs.
Apple + raw almond butter.
And finally, some cheese and crackers while I was making dinner.
Dinner: Old-school Chicken, Broccoli & Brown Rice Casserole. I had two small bowls.
Dessert was a serving of Cake Batter Ice Cream (disappointing) and I’m ready to crash – enjoy your weekend! Fun plans?