I absolutely love entertaining, having and attending parties, and making appetizers. Eating the appetizers tops the list as well, of course!
I always go for cocktail parties because I love the idea of mingling and little bites of food. (I’m going to pretend that if we had a dining table that could fit a meal for four people I would still feel the same way). But whether you are serving a multi-course meal or wine with some simple snacks, here are small ways to make any get-together a little better.
- champagne (makes everything more festive)
- signature cocktail (great signature cocktail ideas from Martha)
- a variety of wine and craft beers
- flavored water like cucumber slices or strawberry and orange slices (recently had this at a hotel and it was wonderful)
- something non-alcoholic (iced tea, juice spritzer, sparkling water, etc.)
- goat cheese log + olive tapenade served with baguette slices and/or crackers
- roasted & spiced nuts
- cheese tray with a variety of crackers (how to build the perfect cheese tray)
- cured meats
- 10 best store-bought party appetizers
- cute cocktail napkins
- lots of candles
- fresh flowers
- good music
- fabulous outfit 🙂
What are your best entertaining “tricks”?