There are many times in life, when spending an hour or two preparing lunches to take to work or school throughout the week is just not feasible. You know the times. 🙂 While you may think the only option is to pick up lunch at a restaurant there are some options that require little or no prep time, can be very well balanced and save you money all at the same time.
Here are some of my favorites – most of them require a quick trip to the grocery store and will provide a few lunches!
- Mezze Platter: whole grain pita + hummus + baba ganoush + baby carrots & pepper slices
- Avocado Sandwich: whole grain bread + wholly guacamole packet + tomato slices + lettuce or sprouts
- AB & J: sprouted bread + almond butter + jam or preserves (grown-up PB & J!)
- Cottage Cheese: cottage cheese + garbanzo beans + favorite seasoning + baby carrots on the side
- Cheese & Crackers: triscuits (or other 100% whole grain cracker) + 1 oz sliced cheese + 2 oz deli turkey + grape tomatoes
- Yogurt Parfait: plain greek yogurt + fresh or frozen berries + 1 serving high fiber cereal like Uncle Sam’s Original
- Snack Plate: hard boiled egg + carrots & celery sticks + whole grain crackers + 1 oz cheese cubes + apple
What are your quick and easy lunches that you rely on during busy times?