Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Author: Emily Dingmann
- 4 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp sriracha (give or take depending on how hot you like it!)
- 3 medium red skin potatoes, washed
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound chicken thighs, pounded even
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 6-8 cups salad greens
- 2 tomatoes
- 8 oz (8 slices) multigrain bread
- 1 avocado, mashed and seasoned with salt
- 4 slices of swiss cheese
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Make aïoli: combine mayonnaise and sriracha. Set aside.
- Make potatoes: cut potatoes into wedges about 1inch thick and toss with 1 Tbsp of olive oil, and salt & pepper.
- Prep chicken: drizzle 1 Tbsp oil, salt & pepper.
- Place potatoes on grill and cook for about 7-10 minutes, flip over.
- Add chicken to grill and cook for 5-7 minutes, flip over. Cook both chicken and potatoes another 10 minutes, until both are thoroughly cooked through and remove from grill.
- Slice 1 tomato for sandwiches and remaining into small pieces for the salad.
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar, dijon and remaining 1 Tbsp of olive oil together in a large bowl. Add greens and toss.
- Assemble sandwiches, plate sides.
If you aren't a fan of spice or sriracha, try pesto instead!
Calories: 700 Fat: 32 Saturated fat: 9 Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 62 Sugar: 11 Sodium: 600 Fiber: 9 Protein: 40 Cholesterol: 120
Recipe by A Nutritionist Eats at http://www.anutritionisteats.com/grilled-chicken-sandwich/