Grilled Shrimp with Spicy Ale BBQ Sauce
Recipe type: appetizer, seafood
Serves: 1.5 cup
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 3 medium shallots, chopped
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- ¾ cup water
- 3 Tbsp chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 - 12 oz beer
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 1 pound raw shrimp
- Grill shrimp and set aside.
- Heat oil in medium sized sauce pan.
- Add garlic and shallots, cooking about 3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add water and stir.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Using a blender or hand-held blender, carefully blend sauce until desired consistency.
- Serve shrimp with BBQ sauce.
Recipe by A Nutritionist Eats at http://www.anutritionisteats.com/grilled-shrimp-with-spicy-ale-bbq-sauce/