Quinoa with Tzatziki and Blistered Tomatoes
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 english cucumber
- 2 - 5.3 oz cups Greek Yogurt (I used 2%)
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- granulated garlic, pepper, dill and red pepper flakes to taste
- blistered tomatoes (see link above)
- Prepare quinoa as directed. Let cool and set aside.
- Prepare blistered tomatoes. Let cool and set aside.
- Dice ⅛ of cucumber into small pieces for tzatziki. (about 3-4 Tablespoons of chopped cucumber)
- Combine diced cucumber, yogurt, vinegar, olive oil and seasonings. Set aside. (Best refrigerated for a few hours or overnight)
- Slice remaining cucumber down the middle and then in thin slices.
- Top quiona with sliced cucumber, tomatoes and tzatziki sauce.
*I only used olive oil, salt and pepper for the tomatoes. Nutrition facts based on 1 tsp olive oil.
Calories: 400 Fat: 17 Fiber: 4 Protein: 25
Recipe by a nutritionist eats at http://www.anutritionisteats.com/quinoa-with-tzatziki-and-blistered-tomatoes/