By no means am I claiming to be an expert, but throwing and attending cocktail parties is one of my favorite things to do! I think it has a little to do with my love for hors d’oeuvres but it can also be easy to build a healthy meal with cocktail party fare, while enjoying delicious food and great company.
Choosing the Menu:
- Cheese Tray
- Vegetable of some kind
- Bread and Crackers for dips
- Protein or something substantial
- Healthy Fats like olives or curried pecans
Choosing your Cocktails:
- Red and White Wine
- Signature Cocktail
Setting Everything Up:
- Fresh flowers are a must!
- Set aside a specific bar area: glasses, bottle openers, wine, pitcher of signature cocktail, ice, etc.
- Have 2 or 3 different food areas so the guests can mingle
- Area of plates, napkins and necessary utensils
- Choose things that can be made ahead and don’t need to be served immediately as they will be sitting out for a few hours
- Make everything as much ahead as you can and give yourself an hour for last minute things that will come up (they always do)
- Make a great playlist
- Have your friends help!
Make sure to have fun! That is the whole point after-all, isn’t it?
What are your tips for throwing a great party?