Last week, when I shared my favorite 1-minute snack ideas with you all, I got a request for breakfast ideas.
I used to be the person who could eat toast and peanut butter or oatmeal and peanut butter for days on end, but now I’ve noticed that I need a little more variety in the morning.
(source) FYI: this is NOT what breakfasts look like in our home.
Here are my favorite healthy breakfast ideas to give you some inspiration for your morning meal – please add yours to the list!
Healthy Breakfast Ideas:
- breakfast quesadilla or burrito: tortilla + eggs + veggies + cheese + salsa
- protein pancakes (recipe from meals & moves)
- breakfast sandwich: egg + english muffin + cheese
- smoothie: frozen fruits + leafy greens + milk + protein blended together until smooth
- (fun!) oatmeal (tips on oatmeal and recipe ideas)
- protein plate: hard boiled egg + banana + peanut butter
- rush breakfast: protein/granola bar + apple
- paleo inspired cereal: fresh berries + chopped nuts + milk
- eggs: 1-2 eggs + toast
- greek yogurt parfait: 1 serving greek yogurt + fresh fruit + 1 serving cereal or granola
- amped up cereal: high fiber cereal + fresh fruit + 1 Tbsp nuts or nut butter + milk
- macrobiotic breakfast: brown rice + miso soup