Lemon Feta Dip is a deliciously flavorful dip recipe – perfect for crackers and veggies.
If we have never met in real life, there is about a 95% chance that if we were to meet, we would eat cheese together.
Why? Because it’s kind of my thing. Friends know that if they come over, they can always count on a good cheese plate. (And if you want to learn how to build a gorgeous cheese plate, check out this post and video!)
Family knows that at a get-together, you can find me at the cheese plate.
I think it’s in my blood. I was born and raised in Wisconsin, fondly known as America’s Dairyland, and I grew up drinking milk, eating yogurt and snacking on cheese and crackers on a daily basis. Oh, and playing on dairy farms. Just like my mom, it would be a bad day if my fridge had less than three varieties of cheese at any given time. (And parmesan doesn’t count, that is a staple food, not an “eating” cheese.)
It’s why there is no shortage of cheese talk on this site. And I promise that I’ll never go dairy-free on you. You can count on that. (I do love some almond or coconut milk, but when it comes to half & half, yogurt and cheese, it’s real dairy all the way.)
This lemon feta dip is a variation on one of my favorites, Roasted Red Pepper Feta Dip. It’s made in a similar way, but with a totally different flavor profile. While the roasted red peppers mellow out the feta in the Roasted Red Pepper Feta Dip, the lemon brings out the pungent feta flavor in this version. It’s quite tasty. (And if you love cheese spreads, don’t miss my whole foods copycat spicy smoked gouda!)
In addition to the flavorsome feta and lemon, garlic and red pepper flakes give the dip a nice bite. The chives are totally optional, but give it nice color and fresh flavor, so I recommend them. Serve this Lemon Feta Dip with veggies, crackers, and some kalamata olives or add it to your favorite sandwich. Whatever you do, just go whip up a batch of this lemon feta dip – it couldn’t be easier!
Here’s a little video to show you just how easy it is!
This flavorful dip is delicious scooped up with crackers, veggies, or spread on a sandwich!
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz block of feta cheese
- 1/2 lemon: zested and juiced
- garnish: minced chives, red pepper flakes, olive oil
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over low heat in a small pan. Add minced garlic and heat until garlic starts to sizzle, about 2 minutes. (Careful not to burn the garlic!)
- Remove from heat and add red pepper flakes to oil.
- In a processor, pulse together cream cheese and feta cheese.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, juice and zest from lemon and garlic oil to processor and pulse again until combined.
- Spread onto a plate or bowl and top with garnishes if desired.
- Serve with crackers and veggies.