Most of the time, I prefer snacks that are high in fat, protein and have at least 150-200 calories or I find myself snacking again 5 minutes later. Current favorites: apple + almond butter or cheese + crackers. (Ok, cheese + crackers isn’t current, it’s constant).
But there are times, *cough* at night *cough* when I’m not really hungry, I just want something.
Here are the “snacks” that aren’t really snacks - for those times when I want something but don’t need it.
Low Calorie Snacks:
- miso soup (you can use instant or make your own with miso + wakame)
- a few olives
- raw veggies like celery, cucumber
- high-water fruit like watermelon, grapes, melon, etc.
- frozen fruit bars
- frozen vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, green beans
- seaweed snacks
- roasted asparagus
- brothy soups
- leafy salads with a splash of olive oil and vinegar
- dill pickle or sauerkraut
- sliced tomato with drizzle of olive oil, salt & pepper
- tomato juice
- air-popped popcorn
- grilled scallions (we had these all the time in Mexico growing up)!
Any favorites to add to the list?