Hi Friends! I hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was busy packing, working and running last minute errands for our trip. I also saw Dr. Chase from the show House and it totally made my Saturday. Sometimes I feel like a 13 year-old girl. (He is SO cute!)
We are currently in Mexico, (probably on the beach, sorry) but I’ve got a few posts lined up for you while I’m gone. I’ll be back next week with some stories, pictures and hopefully a tan! 😉
- 1,600 calories a day is a little low for me, so I went into it knowing that I would supplement it with more snacks (or chocolate) but I was usually surprised at how much food it seemed like. I did have to add in extra snacks every day.
- the system is amazing – they drop off your cooler of food in the middle of the night – you wake up and have a day of food waiting for you
- not having to pack lunches (especially on days when I don’t work at home) was AMAZING
- restaurant quality meals for every meal felt like such a treat
- the great balance of protein, fat, fiber and fruits or vegetables at every meal and snack!
- every morning felt like Christmas – I couldn’t wait to see what was on the menu that day
- fresh fruit, especially the berries! I am typically lacking in the fruit department and rarely buy berries for myself, they always felt like such a treat!
- that you can let them know about food “dislikes” – I didn’t do this, but would next time
- all of the packaging made me feel really guilty….it is recyclable, but maybe sometime soon they will use reusable packages for the individual meals
- I had more money, it is expensive, but for the quality of food, definitely worth it (ranges from $46-$59/day)
- they would label the foods that are organic so I would know how much of them are local/organic/etc.
- Spicy Shrimp Pizza
- Honey Yogurt, Grapes, Berries, Veggie Sausages and Almonds (simple but SO perfect!)
- Thai Chicken Salad
- Lentil Burger Snack
- Pan-fried Salmon Lunch
- PALETA Energy Bite
Thank you PALETA for such a wonderful experience!