Sautéed pears, creamy ricotta cheese and a sweet almond butter drizzle top a slice of toast for a nutritious morning treat!
I have a major thing with toast and I’ve talked about this obsession before. Back when I worked for a bakery, two slices of sprouted bread with peanut butter was my staple breakfast. Then I had Demi and breakfast was steel-cut oats every day (FOR MILK PRODUCTION!!!). Now with my lower carb requirements, I’m back to a slice of sprouted bread or 1/2 a sprouted english muffin for my daily breakfast.
Because I always have a list of recipes to try, this ricotta and pear combo was one that I’ve been wanting to work on for a while.
And it’s a good one. Creamy ricotta cheese + sweet fruit? It’s practically like dessert!
It’s finished with a maple almond butter drizzle which is really just a genius way (idea from Cooking Light!) of thinning and sweetening some almond butter. Mix together water, maple syrup, and almond butter and drizzle over everything or use as a dip for fruit.
It’s great because the maple syrup goes a long way, you don’t need much at all! If you’re looking to cut some sugar, it’s a perfect alternative to maple syrup on pancakes or french toast.
If you want some other toast topping ideas, check this instagram post, you guys came up with some great ones. I have another fun one to share in the next few weeks, so toast every day!
I love hearing from you guys when you make recipes you’ve found here so let me know what you think, or tag me on social media (@anutritionisteats or #anutritionisteats) so I can see your creations!
- ¼ cup almond butter (smooth works best, but crunchy will work in a pinch!)
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 small pears, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 slices bread
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- Whisk together almond butter, warm water and maple syrup. Set aside.
- Heat small sauté pan over medium-low heat and add butter to pan.
- When butter bubbles, add pears and cinnamon to pan.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for about 7-8 minutes, until pears have softened.
- Toast bread.
- Spread each slice of toast with 2 Tbsp ricotta cheese, pears and almond butter drizzle.