There are many reasons why I don’t sign up for all of the cooking classes that always sound so intruiging.
Most of the time I don’t want to spend the money. $50 for a cooking class?! I’m on a budget! (Let’s pay no attention to the fact that I don’t bat an eyelash at spending double that at Whole Foods. Or out to eat.)
The other issue I have is that I kind of like low-key nights at home during the week because it feels like I’m always scrambling to keep the house in order, wash my dishes from lunch and breakfast at work, prepare the meals for the following day, make a decent meal and sneak in some trashy tv, all while washing my sweaty yoga clothes.
But it turns out that I should just suck it up sometimes. They are SO fun! Mercedes treated me to a Cooking Class for a shower gift (really good gift idea!) and we had a blast! Here are the reasons, why you should take that cooking class you’ve been putting off.
- Inspiring! There are so many things I want to make now
- Perfect way to spend time with a loved one, friend, etc.
- You actually learn things!!! I learned SO much – did you know that you should sweat mushrooms in a dry pan before adding any oil? I didn’t!
- Our chef didn’t really believe in recipes, so we really learned techniques, not just how to read a recipe which I loved
- I’m no longer intimidated by a caramel sauce
- It is just plain fun. It also happens to be a great way to take a break from non-stop wedding thoughts. 😉