I’ve been doing fewer and fewer product reviews, but sometimes I come across something, or something comes across my inbox and I’ve just got to try it – and subsequently – share it with you all!
I’m definitely a savory/salty snacker and when the afternoon rolls around, its not sweets that I’m craving. Truthfully, I usually want cheese but I definitely don’t bring cheese to work with me. (That would NOT be a good idea). Ideally I’ll have something a little salty and hopefully crunchy.
Journey Bars are essentially a savory “granola/nutrition” bar with flavors like Coconut Curry, Pizza Marinara, Rosemary, Parmesan Romano and Hickory BBQ. They are made with grains like oats, buckwheat, flax, amaranth, and definitely fit the bill for a delicious, crunchy, savory and healthy afternoon snack.
- made with whole grains
- simple ingredient list
- savory flavor without too much salt
- nutrition stats: 200 calories, 8 grams fat, 4 grams fiber, 6 grams protein
- no GMO’s (genetically modified organisms)
- there was a bit more protein in them, although I know that would affect the flavor/taste (in a perfect world!)
- they were in thinner pieces (I guess more like crackers) but I guess that defeats the purpose of a “bar”
Want to try Journey bars yourself?
Comment below on your favorite savory snacks and I’ll choose two winners on Sunday July 1st.
(For extra entries, you can tweet about the giveaway – “I want to try @journeybar from @nutritionisteat http://www.anutritionisteats.com/?p=10728″ , like them and me on facebook, and then enter a separate comment letting me know you did so for each additional entry) US Shipping addresses only, please!