Lemon chicken. Spinach. Quinoa. Edamame.
It’s not often you hear those words when describing a frozen meal. I’ve never even seen quinoa in a frozen meal before and you can bet that it piqued my interest enough to try this meal!
I definitely want to try some of the other varieties of the Organic Bistro meals, because I appreciate the high quality ingredients that are used but I’m not so sure I would buy this variety again. I would love to see what the salmon or shrimp meals are like, assuming they aren’t too stinky for the work microwave!
- Protein stats (35 grams!)
- Calorie stats (450 calories) This may sound like a lot of calories, but really I aim to have my meals around 500 calories (give or take obviously) so the frozen meals that are 250-300 calories are a great part of a meal, but this is a meal
- Organic ingredients
- Real ingredients
- Really low sodium content for frozen meals (430 mg)
- Quinoa, edamame and spinach “side dishes”
- There was a little more flavor (I wanted to add salt)
- Not as many sun-dried tomatoes (the ratio of edemame to sun-dried tomatoes was a little off in my opinion)
- There was more spinach