I’ve been a big fan of Helen’s Kitchen frozen tofu and meals when I find myself in a bind for lunch or don’t have the time to make and pack a lunch. Although beef is very rare for a lunch meal for me, I decided to try the Thai Style Red Curry with Beef Bowl because it looked and sounded amazing. (Curry always sounds amazing to me)
I should have brought something to round out the meal – preferably some sort of fresh vegetables – because it definitely wasn’t enough for lunch and I was scrounging for snacks that afternoon. The flavors were great and I definitely want to try some of the other varieities of the new “bowl” line!
- protein content (18 grams) and nutrition stats in general
- real ingredients
- that brown rice was used
- that it is gluten and dairy free
- that there wasn’t a lot of meat, at first I was a little disappointed and then realized this was a good way to eat meat if I was going to have it for lunch – as more of a flavor enhancer than main component of meal
- there was more curry sauce!
- it used different veggies – unfortunately the carrots and sweet potato seemed a bit mushy
- there were more veggies