I myself, was not really familiar with chlorella so I’ll fill you in a bit. Chlorella is a fresh-water strain of green algae. Appetizing, right? It is thought that sun chlorella can help to detoxify your body. The chemicals that we consume (through pesticides, etc.) bind to the algae and are then excreted from the body through sweat, urination, etc. I think this is very interesting and I’m a sucker for things like this!
It contains chlorophyll, vitamin C, pro-vitamin A (beta-carotene), chlorophyll, lutein, thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2), pyridoxine (B6), niacin, pantothenic acid, folic acid, vitamin B12, biotin, choline, lipoic acid, and inositol; certain minerals including: phosphorus, calcium, zinc, magnesium,and iron; protein, dietary fiber, nucleic acids, and omega fatty acids. (from the website)
- Small tablet size! So often supplements such as this one are HUGE
- I feel like I’m doing something beneficial for my body (above and beyond the everyday type stuff!)
- The testimonials on the website – love hearing stories from healthy, happy people (again, sucker!!)
- Just like other green supplements, I love having a back-up if I’m traveling, etc. and not able to get as many vegetables, but still get the nutrients
- They offer a pH Test Kit – pH balance in the body is something that I find very interesting – I’ve been wanting to find out what my pH levels are
- The serving size wasn’t so large, I don’t take 15 (recommended) tablets every day
- The claims weren’t as…lofty…I’m a bit of a skeptic and then a believer all rolled into one!
- It’s a bit pricey, but I’ve never really been one to put a price on my health
Do you like trying supplements like this? Are you a believer?
Disclaimer: Sun Chlorella was sent to me to review. The opinions are entirely my own.