Martha (Stewart) strikes again.
I don’t have many of her cookbooks, but I’m a regular on her site and appreciate her knack for beautiful recipes using simple ingredients.
Her ricotta pizza combines simple ingredients that come together in minutes – perfect for weeknight dinners or those Friday nights when take-out is calling your name.
If you regularly read my blog, you know I have a little obsession with tortilla crust pizzas, but you can use whatever you prefer! Serve the pizzas with simply dressed greens or roasted vegetables.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Crusts (tortillas, pre-made crusts, french bread, pita)
- Ricotta cheese
- Red Onion, sliced thin
- Mushrooms, roughly chopped
- Hard cheese like parmesan or romano
- Greens like arugula, spinach, or kale cut into ribbons
- Prep crust if necessary (I always bake my tortilla first to get it a little crispy and then top)
- Spread with ricotta cheese
- Top with mushrooms, onions, arugula and flavorful cheese
- Bake until cheese is melty and toppings are golden brown