I hope you all are enjoying my simple & healthy meal ideas. The whole purpose is to give you meal ideas that are delicious and nutritious while at the same time satisfying your family and going from the kitchen to table in less than 30 minutes.
Todays meal, Sausage & Peppers, is one that you can go in many different directions with. Richie loves it over pasta, I’m a huge fan of it stuffed in bread, but you could also serve it over brown rice or even use it as a pizza topping or in a calzone.
Serve with a fresh side salad for a complete meal.
The process is fast and simple:
- Prepare grain component if necessary.
- Grill or saute sausage, slicing after grilling or before sautéing.
- Saute peppers, onions and other vegetables, sliced into bite size pieces.
- Top with “extra flavor” if desired.
- brown rice
- whole grain pasta (or a whole grain/white blend)
- sub roll
- on pizza dough or wrapped in it for a calzone
- chicken sausage
- pork or blend sausage
- veggie sausage
- bell peppers
- spinach (thrown in at the last minute to quickly wilt)
- marinara sauce
- roasted or canned tomatoes
- parmesan cheese
- smoked mozzarella cheese