I’m going to guess that a lot of you are fans of sushi.
If you aren’t…I don’t know what to say…
We love sushi and would probably eat it on a daily basis if there wasn’t that annoying thing money, standing in the way.
Michelle from The Lively Kitchen makes her family Buddha Bowls and I’ve always loved the idea so I de-veganized them and added some typical sushi fillings. We have a really nice store in our neighborhood that has sushi-grade fish, but I realize not everyone has access, nor has the desire to use raw fish so don’t worry, there are a ton of options for protein in these bowls.
Everyone chooses their own toppings and they contain everything you need in a meal: whole grains, vegetables, protein and flavor!
- I would of course, recommend brown rice, but it doesn’t need to be special sushi rice
- the perfect use for leftover rice!
- can be found in natural food stores or asian grocery stores (much cheaper at the latter)
- best to roast with some sesame oil if it isn’t already roasted
- julienned cucumber, carrots or spinach
- sauteed mushrooms, asparagus, bok choy
- sliced scallions, avocado
- cooked fish like tuna or salmon
- raw sushi-grade fish
- cooked chicken, steak, shrimp or tofu
- sesame seeds, pickled ginger,
- sauces like miso, soy sauce, sriracha, peanut sauce, spicy mayo (mayo + sriracha)
What kind of sushi do you order?