Years ago, when I was really starting to get into cooking I made a smoked salmon dip on a very regular basis.
It was delicious, pretty easy to throw together and it was always a hit. So the other weekend I thought I would break it out again.
The components are simple: whipped lemon cream cheese, red onion, fresh dill and lox.
Mixed together and spread on crackers though, is much more than simple components. It’s delicious. And bright. And always popular.
|Smoked Salmon Dip||
- 8 oz light cream cheese
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp minced red onion
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 3 oz cured smoked salmon (lox)
- crackers or bread to serve with
- Mix cream cheese and lemon juice until smooth.
- Cut up lox into small pieces.
- Add onion, dill and salmon to bowl.
- Fold ingredients into cream cheese mixture.
- Let chill for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with crackers or bread.