With Celiac Disease and Gluten Intolerance on the rise, chances are that someone at your Thanksgiving celebration is following a Gluten-Free diet. Why not make a stuffing for everyone to enjoy?
This is a great side dish alongside turkey – whole grains, veggies, fresh herbs and lots of flavor – all without the gluten. Your digestive tract will thank me.
Herb & Mushroom Gluten-Free Stuffing – 6-8 servings
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth* make sure this is gluten-free
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 5 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 – 8 oz package of sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 loaf of French Meadow Bakery Gluten-Free Multigrain Bread, toasted and cut into 1 inch pieces
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. When hot, add onions, celery, salt and pepper. Sauté for about 4 minutes, until translucent. Add mushrooms and cook until tender. Stir in fresh herbs and set aside.
In a large bowl mix bread pieces, mushroom mix and 1 ½ cups hot broth. Stir to combine and pour into 9 x 13” greased pan. Pour 1 cup hot broth over the top and cover with foil. Bake for about 25 minutes, remove foil and bake for about 10 more minutes.