The Taster and I recently spent a Saturday afternoon on a taco crawl. It was SO much fun! We sampled tons of flavorful tacos, explored new neighborhoods and learned a few things on the way…
- Start the crawl early…I think 11am would be the perfect start time
- Bring a few bottles of water to hydrate between bites
- Fresh corn tortillas are nothing short of amazing
- Groups of 4 people or smaller – you should be able to drive together in a car
- Bring cash – a number of the places we visited only took cash
- Do not go on an ethnic food crawl if you need to know what every single ingredient is or if the meat is local or not. Just don’t.
- Don’t plan on eating afterwards! We foolishly made plans for sushi afterwards, but thankfully sushi is pretty “light” 🙂
- No matter how tempting, only order 1 taco per restaurant and better yet – share!
Now we’re looking for our next “food crawl” idea…