Thank you all for the sweet, sweet comments, tweets and emails on the big move. It was so hard to keep this “secret” for so long and it felt so good to finally tell you all!
Now onto summers bounty…
Tomato season is here!
No more tasteless, mushy, awful tomatoes from the grocery store. In fact, if you have a garden or know someone who does – the best deal ever in my opinion – you probably have an abundance of juicy, bright tomatoes and I’ve got just the recipe for you.
I wanted to make a lighter appetizer that I could kind of consider “healthy” and still be really tasty. Oh, and involve cheese.
- 10 oz grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped basil
- salt and pepper
- Turn broiler on high.
- Toss tomatoes with olive oil and roast for about 1-2 minutes until just blistered.
- Combine goat cheese and basil, season with salt and pepper to taste.*
- Cut off tops of tomatoes and remove seeds.
- Place about 1 tsp of goat cheese in each tomato. You can put the room temperature goat cheese mixture in a ziploc bag and cut the tip off like with frosting.
- Serve chilled to room temperature.
These are great little finger foods that are so fresh and bright tasting and they combine my favorite flavors of summer (basil and tomatoes)!
What is your favorite way to enjoy summer tomatoes?