There is something so….healthy about starting your day off with vegetables. It just feels so good.
Don’t roll your eyes, I swear it’s true!
Ideally, we would eat vegetables at every meal, not just lunch and dinner. I know that vegetables at breakfast really throw some people off, but it doesn’t have to. It can be delicious, nutritious and totally normal.
Here are my favorite ways to incorporate vegetables into breakfast. Try it!
Top 5 Ways to Eat Vegetables at Breakfast
- Eggs + Greens: I’m a big fan of eggs and greens – sauteed or raw! Try sauteed kale or chard or fresh arugula or herb salad greens.
- Fresh Juice or Smoothie: Vegetable juices are great (need to get out the juicer) and adding some spinach into a smoothie is an easy way to get a few servings of vegetables in.
- Salads: They aren’t just for lunch! Try a breakfast inspired salad, like Breakfast Cobb Salad or a salad with fresh fruit and nuts.
- Scrambled Eggs or Omelet: This is probably the way most people are most accustomed to eating vegetables in the morning. Try peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach, etc in your next scramble or omelet.
- Asian Inspiration: Brown Rice + Sauteed Vegetables + Splash of Sesame Oil & Soy Sauce.
Are you scared of vegetables in the morning or do you add them to breakfast?