There is something so….healthy about starting your day off with vegetables. It just feels so good.
Don’t roll your eyes, I swear it’s true!
Ideally, we would eat vegetables at every meal, not just lunch and dinner. I know that vegetables at breakfast really throw some people off, but it doesn’t have to. It can be delicious, nutritious and totally normal. 🙂
Here are my favorite ways to incorporate vegetables into breakfast. Try it!
Top 5 Ways to Eat Vegetables at Breakfast
- Eggs + Greens: I’m a big fan of eggs and greens – sauteed or raw! Try sauteed kale or chard or fresh arugula or herb salad greens.
- Fresh Juice or Smoothie: Vegetable juices are great (need to get out the juicer) and adding some spinach into a smoothie is an easy way to get a few servings of vegetables in.
- Salads: They aren’t just for lunch! Try a breakfast inspired salad, like Breakfast Cobb Salad or a salad with fresh fruit and nuts.
- Scrambled Eggs or Omelet: This is probably the way most people are most accustomed to eating vegetables in the morning. Try peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach, etc in your next scramble or omelet.
- Asian Inspiration: Brown Rice + Sauteed Vegetables + Splash of Sesame Oil & Soy Sauce.
Are you scared of vegetables in the morning or do you add them to breakfast?