Pesto is one of those staples that everyone should always have on-hand. It comes in handy for so many things and adds such fresh flavor to everything it meets!
While homemade pesto is usually better, I rely on prepared pesto from the store a lot. Here are some of the ways I use it:
- Tossed with pasta (tortellini is my absolute favorite, but any pasta is good)
- Spread on a tortilla, topped with a little cheese, rolled up and microwaved for 30 seconds
- As a sauce for pizza
- Thin with a bit of olive oil and serve with roasted vegetables
- As a sandwich spread
- On meat, chicken or fish
- Blend into white bean dip
- As a crostini topping with parmesan or goat cheese
- Mixed into shredded chicken with a touch of mayo (recipe)
- Tossed with a grain, topped with goat cheese crumbles
What is your favorite way to use pesto?