Yesterday we celebrated our first LA Pride weekend in West Hollywood.
This means a few things:
- Don’t expect to drive out of West Hollywood – it isn’t going to happen
- It won’t be a quiet weekend
- Mimosas alongside a delicious brunch are absolutely necessary pre-parade
Sometimes, even lettuce gets away with wearing very little. 🙂
When the vinaigrette includes both bacon and mushrooms, you know it is going to be extra flavorful and you don’t even need ingredients else where. Spinach is a natural companion to warm dressings as it wilts a bit, and I would highly suggest trying it with a poached or fried egg.
Warm Bacon & Mushroom Vinaigrette
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 4 oz bacon, sliced (about 2-4 slices)
- 8 oz mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 small shallot, sliced
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp oil (grapeseed, canola, etc)
- 6 oz fresh spinach
- 2-4 fried or poached eggs if desired
Heat pan over medium high heat.
Add bacon to pan and cook until crispy.
Add shallot and mushrooms to pan, stirring until tender, about 5-6 minutes.
Add red wine vinegar and water. Simmer until liquid reduces, about 2-4 minutes.
Stir in dijon and oil and serve over spinach or other greens.