Yesterday we celebrated our first LA Pride weekend in West Hollywood.
This means a few things:
- Don’t expect to drive out of West Hollywood – it isn’t going to happen
- It won’t be a quiet weekend
- Mimosas alongside a delicious brunch are absolutely necessary pre-parade
Sometimes, even lettuce gets away with wearing very little.
When the vinaigrette includes both bacon and mushrooms, you know it is going to be extra flavorful and you don’t even need ingredients else where. Spinach is a natural companion to warm dressings as it wilts a bit, and I would highly suggest trying it with a poached or fried egg.
Warm Bacon & Mushroom Vinaigrette
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 4 oz bacon, sliced (about 2-4 slices)
- 8 oz mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 small shallot, sliced
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp oil (grapeseed, canola, etc)
- 6 oz fresh spinach
- 2-4 fried or poached eggs if desired
Heat pan over medium high heat.
Add bacon to pan and cook until crispy.
Add shallot and mushrooms to pan, stirring until tender, about 5-6 minutes.
Add red wine vinegar and water. Simmer until liquid reduces, about 2-4 minutes.
Stir in dijon and oil and serve over spinach or other greens.