As much as we all wish that we could lovingly prepare delicious, healthy meals at home for every meal, it simply isn’t always the case.
I’m a fan of frozen meals as they can easily replace take-out or fast food and can be much healthier and much less expensive.
There are a number of great frozen food companies out there providing quick meals that are relatively healthy. You just have to weed the good from the bad. It’s a big aisle. 🙂
What to Look For:
- Contains vegetables
- Made with some whole grains
- Less than or around 500 mg of sodium per meal (though I must admit that I’m not really a stickler when it comes to sodium)
- Calories – since frozen entrees are usually the main component of my meal – I need there to be about 300-350 – and then I’ll usually add more vegetables as a side dish
- At least 10-15 grams of protein
- At least 5-10 grams of fiber
- Kashi: Red Curry Chicken, Mayan Harvest Bake, Sweet & Sour Chicken
- Amy’s: Brown Rice & Veggie Bowl, Indian Tofu Spinach Wrap, Indian Palak Paneer
- Cedarlane’s: Chicken Burrito Grande, Fajita Chicken Burrito
- French Meadow Cafe: Chicken Curry, Chicken Pomodoro Pasta