This Healthy Taco Pizza creation is another kid-friendly meal that I think the entire family will love. It’s hard not to.
I obviously don’t have kids of my own yet, but I have this laughable idea that my toddlers are going to love quinoa and kale. (They will, right?!)
Ok, that might be a stretch and while I’m still going to hold out hope, I do know that kids like tacos. And that kids like pizzas. In fact, everyone does – adults included!
Taco pizzas are one of those meals that are filling, tasty and pretty healthy as well! To lighten things up, I use a tortilla for the crust, which also creates built-in portion control. If you’re really concerned with the calories and fat in ground beef, by all means, swap it out for extra-lean turkey.
As the GIF below illustrates, you top the tortilla with beans, cheese, ground beef and then layer on the fresh toppings like lettuce, tomato, onion and a drizzle of sour cream. (Hot sauce is good too!)
Everyone is happy. Everyone is satisfied. Everyone loves pizza + tacos!Print
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 4 tortillas
- 1-15 oz can refried beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 chopped tomatoes (1-2 cups)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- hot sauce if desired
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef to pan and break up with a spatula. Continue to break up meat into smaller pieces as it browns, about 5 minutes. Add taco seasoning and cook another minute.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toast tortillas in oven, flip after 5 minutes and cook another 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Top tortillas with refried beans and cheese.
- Bake for about 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top with beef, lettuce, tomatoes, onion and sour cream.
- Calories: 734
- Sugar: 8
- Sodium: 1205
- Fat: 36
- Carbohydrates: 50
- Fiber: 11
- Protein: 51