Today’s pasta recipe and giveaway is sponsored by friends at Uddo’s Kitchen.
Let’s share a bowl of spring-time pasta today, shall we?
It’s not just any bowl of pasta though. It’s LENTIL pasta. (More on that in a minute!) And it’s ARUGULA pesto.
Yums all the way around because it’s absolutely delicious and it’s absolutely good-for-you.
I’ll start with the pasta. Uddo’s Kitchen lentil pasta is made out of…red lentil flour! That’s it. Just lentils. Which means that in addition to being really high in protein (14 grams per serving!) it’s also gluten-free. Pasta made entirely of lentils may make you a bit nervous, but the texture is great and I think it would be hard to tell that there is anything ‘different’ about it.
Want to try it out? (Of course you do!) You can find it at Sam’s Club nationwide and Costco in the midwest. And you can enter to win two cases of it below!
As for the pesto, when I thought about what I liked to eat with lentils, arugula topped the list.
After a lot of research (during those middle-of-the-night feedings) I decided to try out a pesto made with arugula, instead of basil. We loved it! (Richie actually said it was the best pesto he had ever had.) The addition of lemon juice and zest makes it really bright and flavorful, and it’s a delicious addition to the standard parmesan, pine nuts and garlic. You could definitely use a different nut if you don’t have pine nuts – I think almonds or cashews would both work well!
In addition to being tasty, pasta and pesto meals are so easy to make. (The best kinds of meals, right?) Throw the pesto ingredients into the food processor and you’re done. Toss with the pasta, top with some parmesan and red pepper flakes and dinner is ready. (Leftovers are also delicious!)
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 cups arugula
- juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- salt & pepper
- 12 oz Uddo’s lentil pasta
- shredded parmesan and red pepper flakes for serving
- Prepare pasta as directed.
- While pasta is cooking, process garlic cloves in food processor until finely chopped.
- Add arugula (two large handfuls), lemon zest and juice, nuts, oil, parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.
- Process until desired consistency.
- Toss with pasta and top with shredded parmesan and red pepper flakes if desired.
- Calories: 397
- Sugar: 1 gram
- Fat: 20 grams
- Carbohydrates: 38 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 19 grams
Thanks again to Uddo’s Kitchen for sponsoring this post!