Last weekend I was working on some shrimp recipes for a project and when I mentioned the thought of shrimp pizza to the Taster he got a little excited. Before I knew it there were multiple topping ideas being tossed out, but in the end, we went with pesto (as the sauce), red onion, roasted red pepper, goat cheese and shrimp a top none other than my favorite sprouted tortilla.
This pizza concept would work on any crust, I also made it on some Middle Eastern Flatbreads for my cousin who I wasn’t sure how he would feel about the sprouted tortilla. For the record, he said he liked them both the same. 🙂 Score for kids eating whole grains!
I love these pizzas vegetarian, but I must say that I’ve been slacking on protein lately, and I can definitely tell. So an added opportunity for some additional protein from the shrimp is a score for a healthy adult!
- 2 Sprouted Tortillas (I use French Meadow)
- 2 Tbsp prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, sliced
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 4 oz cooked shrimp
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake tortillas for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread pesto over tortilla.
- Top with red onion, red pepper, goat cheese and shrimp.
- Bake for another 5 minutes until toppings are hot and cheese has melted.
- Serving Size: 2
P.S. Happy Halloween! I’ve got to find some sort of costume to wear tonight for trick-or-treaters…help!